Soul food

Today I went to a local restaurant and I wanted some fried fish for lunch. When I got to the restaurant, the fish would not be done for another 10 minutes. Therefore, I decided to treat myself.  I ordered a plate of food that I have not had since having weight-loss surgery. I ordered rice with gravy, macaroni and cheese, cabbage and turnip-green mixture, hamburger steak with gravy, sweet tea, and banana pudding. I have enough on this plate for three or four more meals. This is not the type of food that I would eat every day. But I feel it is fine for an occasional treat.
It is funny because as soon as I started eating, I realized that this behavior is what Led me to have surgery. Yes, my eyes were bigger than my appetite. I also acknowledged that even though the food was in front of me, I limited my portion intake.( yay me!!!) 
  Anyhow, I just thought I would share with you that little small tidbit for lunch. Well my spring break is quickly coming to a close. Another couple of months, I will be anxiously anticipating summer vacation. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#year 13

Meal prep

Weight gain