My Year in Review (2012)


As I sit here on this cold, nippy, winter morning, sipping on my protein shake and reflecting on how 2012 was for me and how I aspire 2013 to be even greater. These are the top things that come to my mind.

2012

January 2012
I weight in @ 160 lbs. I had a great exercise routine that I was following.
 
February 2012
Travis went to heaven (my lil cousin. He was 32 years old) It was an eye opening experience because I learned that time does not wait for anyone. Live life to the fullest..ALWAYZ!!
March 2012
My birthday~ weight @ 150 lbs.; I was the runner up in the Bariatric Ball. I had the opportunity to have my hair and makeup done professionally..I  had on makeup that was airbrushed..totally loved it!! I got a NEW hair cut to match my weight loss at the end of the month.
April 2012
Started dating this really sweet older guy (he was really into working out and fitness). It did not last long but most definitely was a heartwarming experience. He was vital in developing a work out plan for me to assist with building muscle. Actually, I still use his regimen when I lift weights.
May 2012
Lil Momma graduated from Kindergarten~ I was on an excellent workout routine~ gym @ 5 days a week~VERY MOTIVATED Weight @ 145
June 2012
Professional Growth~ had an administration summer school position needed to work summer school to pay off some billls~i.e. surgeon, hospital, labs, etc.)~ok.. you get the point
July 2012
My surgery anniversary~ I weigh in @ 143 lbs. Dr. Glass told me that I did not need to lose another lbs... Gave me a plan to help with maintaining my weight.
August 2012
School starts~ realized that I am petite and had to shop in the petite section.Yipee!
I took my daughter to Carowinds and she could not keep up with me…I actually bought a bathing suit and got into the water…yeah!!
September 2012
I allowed others negative comments to stop me from being focused weight @ 137...I really had to do some soul searching and REFOCUS.  I  realized that I was an emotional eater..had to look for triggers and how to turn them around.
October 2012
I have a gym membership and I am not using it as I should be. I am maintaining my weight @ 138 lbs.
November 2012
I took my daughter to the Great Wolf Lodge in Concord Mills, NC…I was able to get in the water and play with my daughter…I put on a swim suit. I realized regardless of your size. Only you can be comfortable in your skin.
December 2012
I have a gym membership and I am not using it as I should. I started to experiment with different low carb recipes (i.e. black bean brownies, and sugar free cookies). I had Christmas dinner at my house. Current weight @ 138 lbs.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#year 13

Meal prep

Weight gain