Looks can be deceiving!


As a parent, I TRY to instill  the best values in my daughter. The other night we were in Kroger and she wanted to purchase a Naked protein smoothie. I had seen the drinks in the grocery stores before ,but had never purchased one. I generally would ask my daughter  about the sugar content of the item however, I was in a hurry and really wanted to get home to rest. Well,we purchased the drink and when I arrived home, I looked at the sugar content... Wow!!! 42 grams of sugar!! Ugh, it is loaded with natural sugars.
 I used this opportunity as a teaching point to remind her to read labels. Would this be a healthy snack? Of course not? She could have eaten a single candy bar or 2 to have the equivalent  amount of sugar. 
The one thing that I am so grateful for from my weight loss experience journey is the reading of labels to limit the amount of sugar and to better educate myself and my family. When you know bettet, do better!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#year 13

Meal prep

Weight gain