Year 9

Today I am celebrating my 9th year of having weight-loss surgery. I had gastric bypass on July 13, 2011. My entire life I have always struggled with weight management. After have TWO Pulmonary embolisms and one DVT, I made the decision to have WLS and it has totally given me a renewed perspective on life.  

 Be mindful I am not a doctor ;however ,this pertains to MY journey. I am not perfect by any means necessary, however these nuggets keep me grounded: 

My 9 NUGGETS  Of TRUTH about WLS: 

 
 

  1. Measure ALL foods. (Believe it or not, I still have my small food containers and when I don’t measure, my clothes CAN tell it😂) 

  1. Self-Worth; cannot be affiliated with sizes.  I have been a size 2 and I’ve also been a size 22. 

  1. 3. Movement is important. Find something that you like to do and do it. No one wants to do anything that they do not enjoy. For example, I walk religiously 3-4 days. 

  1. 4. Make yourself a priority. (I am still working on this one because I wear many hats and am the queen of multitasking.) 

  1. 5. Vitamins are a medical necessity; take them daily. Yes, they can be expensive but you knew it from the jumpstart. 

  1. 6. Find a good support network either on line or in person. There is NO ROOM for negative vibes! 

  1. 7. Water intake is vital (ENOUGH SAID!) 

  1. 8. No one will understand the mental anguish affiliated with your food struggles. You must stay in a healthy state of mind. Make a lifestyle change. Whenever, you fall off the band wagon, get back on Quickly! 

  1. 9. Enjoy who God created you to be; one of a kind; unique. 

Again, I AM NOT perfect. This is my journey and I will embrace all that it has to offer. 

#year9  

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#year 13

Meal prep

Weight gain