#year14 post op Still pressing the GAS Keeping it moving!!!! All ABOUT ME! 1. At times, I am very talkative but also extremely observant. My circle is extremely small. 2. I enjoy crafting. 3. I am an early morning person; generally up around 4:30ish. 4. Transitioning to be an empty nester isn't easy. 5. I will try anything DIY before I buy it. 6. I write with my left hand. 7. I really do not watch alot of TV. Movies have to have a lot of action in to make and keep my interest. 8. Thrift shopping is one of my favorite hobbies. 9. Pink, teal, and black are my favorite colors. 10. Ruby woo is my signature lipstick.💄 11. I meal prep on weekends. 12. I am in a season where focusing on my health is my top priority. 13. My philosophy: Keep pressing the GAS (keep moving) 14. I love trying new recipes. 15. Brownie Pillar Cookies are my favorite snack. 16. I have a sewing machine. I do not know how to use it. 17. Walking and listening to music alw...
As a parent, I TRY to instill the best values in my daughter. The other night we were in Kroger and she wanted to purchase a Naked protein smoothie. I had seen the drinks in the grocery stores before ,but had never purchased one. I generally would ask my daughter about the sugar content of the item however, I was in a hurry and really wanted to get home to rest. Well,we purchased the drink and when I arrived home, I looked at the sugar content... Wow!!! 42 grams of sugar!! Ugh, it is loaded with natural sugars. I used this opportunity as a teaching point to remind her to read labels. Would this be a healthy snack? Of course not? She could have eaten a single candy bar or 2 to have the equivalent amount of sugar. The one thing that I am so grateful for from my weight loss experience journey is the reading of labels to limit the amount of sugar and to better educate myself and my family. When you know bettet, do better!
Year 15: A Journey of Grace, Growth, and Gratitude July 13, 2011. I can hardly believe it has been 15 years. Fifteen years since I made one of the biggest decisions of my life. It feels fitting that 5 × 3 equals 15, because this journey has been built on so many layers—physical, emotional, and spiritual growth. When I look back, I remember the people who have gone on before me: Vette, Evonne, and Annette. Their support mattered more than they may ever know. I also remember exactly how I felt before surgery—scared, depressed, but somehow still hopeful. Hope was the small light that kept shining when everything else felt uncertain. The road was far from easy. What many people don't see is that gastric bypass is not just a surgery; it's a lifelong commitment. Before surgery, I faced serious challenges, including a DVT and two pulmonary embolisms. After surgery, there was also a hospitalization for dehydration. Those moments were frightening and tested m...
Comments
Post a Comment