This blog describes the ups and downs of my weight loss journey through the use of gastric bypass surgery.
Afternoon snack idea
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
I found these today at my neighborhood Big Lot's. They have 5 sugars and 8 grams of protein. Not bad ! I like coffee! So of course I thought they were yummy.
#year14 post op Still pressing the GAS Keeping it moving!!!! All ABOUT ME! 1. At times, I am very talkative but also extremely observant. My circle is extremely small. 2. I enjoy crafting. 3. I am an early morning person; generally up around 4:30ish. 4. Transitioning to be an empty nester isn't easy. 5. I will try anything DIY before I buy it. 6. I write with my left hand. 7. I really do not watch alot of TV. Movies have to have a lot of action in to make and keep my interest. 8. Thrift shopping is one of my favorite hobbies. 9. Pink, teal, and black are my favorite colors. 10. Ruby woo is my signature lipstick.💄 11. I meal prep on weekends. 12. I am in a season where focusing on my health is my top priority. 13. My philosophy: Keep pressing the GAS (keep moving) 14. I love trying new recipes. 15. Brownie Pillar Cookies are my favorite snack. 16. I have a sewing machine. I do not know how to use it. 17. Walking and listening to music alw...
As a parent, I TRY to instill the best values in my daughter. The other night we were in Kroger and she wanted to purchase a Naked protein smoothie. I had seen the drinks in the grocery stores before ,but had never purchased one. I generally would ask my daughter about the sugar content of the item however, I was in a hurry and really wanted to get home to rest. Well,we purchased the drink and when I arrived home, I looked at the sugar content... Wow!!! 42 grams of sugar!! Ugh, it is loaded with natural sugars. I used this opportunity as a teaching point to remind her to read labels. Would this be a healthy snack? Of course not? She could have eaten a single candy bar or 2 to have the equivalent amount of sugar. The one thing that I am so grateful for from my weight loss experience journey is the reading of labels to limit the amount of sugar and to better educate myself and my family. When you know bettet, do better!
Today I am celebrating my 9th year of having weight-loss surgery. I had gastric bypass on July 13, 2011. My entire life I have always struggled with weight management. After have TWO Pulmonary embolisms and one DVT, I made the decision to have WLS and it has totally given me a renewed perspective on life. Be mindful I am not a doctor ;however ,this pertains to MY journey . I am not perfect by any means necessary, however these nuggets keep me grounded: My 9 NUGGETS Of TRUTH about WLS: Measure ALL foods. (Believe it or not, I still have my small food containers and when I don’t measure, my clothes CAN tell it😂) Self-Worth; cannot be affiliated with sizes . I have been a size 2 and I’ve also been a size 22. 3. Movement is important. Find something that you like to do and do it. No one wants to do anything that they do not enjoy. For example, I wal...
Comments
Post a Comment