39 Things I am thankful for

On Thursday, I celebrated my 39th birthday. I really did not do anything special because it was so cold and raining so hard. I generally take my birthday off to have a special day for myself but this year I decided to go to work. Today I started thinking about what I am thankful for and the list goes as follows:
1. I am thankful for the spirit of discernment. 
2. My one and only daughter Layla, there is not anyone like her... My lil unique baby
3. My parents and family, yes they can get on my nerves, but they are always there when I need them.
4. My job... I often complain but it pays the bills
5. Thankful for being a gastric bypass recipient..., it has totally changed my life for the better
5. Thankful that I  can exercise and not get too tired 
6. Thankful that my legs do not rub together when I walk
7. Thankful that going to the gym and exercise is now apart if my regular routine... Not just something that I do because I have some extra time.
8. Thankful for listening to the advice if my surgeon. He told me, " this surgery is a tool, use that tool wisely. You are very smart, use this surgery to help you get your life together."
9. Thankful for the hard times and the struggles  in life because without the hard times and struggles... I would not appreciate the life lessons or lessons learned.
10. Thankful for a strong mind set and a strong determination to accomplish my tasks.
11. Thankful for the sunny days and the rainy days
12. Thankful for the snow days in Ga. I got a chance to spend time with my family and friends.
13. Thankful for social media... What a great outlet to support, meet, and socialize with other wls patients.
14.thankful that I am off the Blood pressure meds, and the C pap machine 
15. Thankful for better cardiovascular health... Improved lymphodemia
16. Thankful for improved cholesterol, venous insufficiency
17.  A peace of mind
18. My home
19. Quiet time in the mornings which allow me the time to reflect upon the day and to meditate.
20.  Thankful for my organizational skills, being a single mom... I gotta stay on top of my game.
21. Thankful for the support pages of wls because I often visit them for support.
22. Thankful for family time... I Enjoy bonding with everyone.
23. My colleagues at work. 
24. Thankful for change...nothing gold can stay
25. Thankful for friends...I realize that we all are different and we all have different strengths 
26. Thankful to ME TIME, time to focus on ME!
27. Thankful for my motivational music on my phone, it helps me to stay on top of my game.
28. Thankful for my support system, it takes a village to raise a child.
29. Thankful for my wls, it has given my a renewed outlook on life.
30. Thankful for baratric recipes that allow me to eat healthy meals and not feel deprived.
31.Thankful for a healthy heart and soul
32. my verbal skills
32. My listening skills
33. My abilty to fall and keep getting up and keep getting better.
34. My friends that I met in college
35. My friends that I met in grad school.
36. Observation skills
37.Thankful that at a young age, I gave my life to Christ and I know that with God all things are possible.
38. Thankful for Pintrest (excellent ideas)
39. Thankful for my followers on my blog. At least I know that someone enjoys reading and reflecting on my life...LOL!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#year 13

Meal prep

Weight gain