A Useful Tool for Weightloss Success ~Food Diary AKA (Food Journal)

Do you know what I noticed about myself? When I journal my food intake.I am more conscience of what I am eating. Every night before I go to bed, I try to make a habit to update my journal. I did really well on last month making sure that I chart all of my fluid and food intake.
I write down breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, water intake, and exercise.
 It's funny~ when I look at what is on paper I can easily spot areas of weakness and ways to improve. I have various apps on my phone and I-pad for food journaling (THAT I DO NOT USE because I forget about them..lol). I had great intentions when I downloaded them;however, I decided on a old school, regular, pen and pencil version. It stays on the night stand beside my bed.
Prior to surgery,my insurance company required me to complete a six month supervised diet with my primary doctor. One of the first steps what to write down my food intake, I remember meeting with the doctor and her telling me that you can't eat like this after you have surgery. I noticed that I was eating too many carbs, and fried foods. However, I choose to continue eating the wrong types of foods. It's odd because sometimes, I refer back to the journal and can see why I wasn't losing weight. It wasn't what I was eating but how much of it I was consuming.I did not understand the concept of portion control. My food journal helps to keep me accountable of what I am consuming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#year 13

Meal prep

Weight gain