This blog describes the ups and downs of my weight loss journey through the use of gastric bypass surgery.
Starbucks... Loving it
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
For this week, from 2:00-5:00, if you purchase any holiday drink, you will receive another on FREE!!! I love this peppermint mocha. But today, I am enjoying the caramel praline.
#year14 post op Still pressing the GAS Keeping it moving!!!! All ABOUT ME! 1. At times, I am very talkative but also extremely observant. My circle is extremely small. 2. I enjoy crafting. 3. I am an early morning person; generally up around 4:30ish. 4. Transitioning to be an empty nester isn't easy. 5. I will try anything DIY before I buy it. 6. I write with my left hand. 7. I really do not watch alot of TV. Movies have to have a lot of action in to make and keep my interest. 8. Thrift shopping is one of my favorite hobbies. 9. Pink, teal, and black are my favorite colors. 10. Ruby woo is my signature lipstick.💄 11. I meal prep on weekends. 12. I am in a season where focusing on my health is my top priority. 13. My philosophy: Keep pressing the GAS (keep moving) 14. I love trying new recipes. 15. Brownie Pillar Cookies are my favorite snack. 16. I have a sewing machine. I do not know how to use it. 17. Walking and listening to music alw...
Year 15: A Journey of Grace, Growth, and Gratitude July 13, 2011. I can hardly believe it has been 15 years. Fifteen years since I made one of the biggest decisions of my life. It feels fitting that 5 × 3 equals 15, because this journey has been built on so many layers—physical, emotional, and spiritual growth. When I look back, I remember the people who have gone on before me: Vette, Evonne, and Annette. Their support mattered more than they may ever know. I also remember exactly how I felt before surgery—scared, depressed, but somehow still hopeful. Hope was the small light that kept shining when everything else felt uncertain. The road was far from easy. What many people don't see is that gastric bypass is not just a surgery; it's a lifelong commitment. Before surgery, I faced serious challenges, including a DVT and two pulmonary embolisms. After surgery, there was also a hospitalization for dehydration. Those moments were frightening and tested m...
Today I am celebrating my 9th year of having weight-loss surgery. I had gastric bypass on July 13, 2011. My entire life I have always struggled with weight management. After have TWO Pulmonary embolisms and one DVT, I made the decision to have WLS and it has totally given me a renewed perspective on life. Be mindful I am not a doctor ;however ,this pertains to MY journey . I am not perfect by any means necessary, however these nuggets keep me grounded: My 9 NUGGETS Of TRUTH about WLS: Measure ALL foods. (Believe it or not, I still have my small food containers and when I don’t measure, my clothes CAN tell it😂) Self-Worth; cannot be affiliated with sizes . I have been a size 2 and I’ve also been a size 22. 3. Movement is important. Find something that you like to do and do it. No one wants to do anything that they do not enjoy. For example, I wal...
Comments
Post a Comment